Avro >> mail # user >> Re: avro 1.7.0 with CDH4

+
Jacob Metcalf 2012-07-05, 12:12
+
Garrett Wu 2012-07-16, 16:55
avro 1.7.0 with CDH4
Thanks for the 1.7.0 release.
I was waiting for AVRO-593 so I can use the new mapreduce API with Avro.

Previously, I was using avro-1.6.3 and odiago-avro-1.0.7.jar
and everything was working. My driver class writes Avro files on HDFS
and triggers an AvroJob to process them.

I recompiled my code with avro-1.7.0 (and removed odiago-avro) but now I get
the error below. I know this list is about Avro and not odiago-avro
integration but
is AvroKeyInputFormat from avro-1.7.0-tools compatible with odiago's?
2012-07-05 02:21:10,068 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child: Error running
child : java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TaskAttemptContext, but class was expected
at
org.apache.avro.mapreduce.AvroKeyInputFormat.createRecordReader(AvroKeyInputFormat.java:46)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:617)
at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1232)