Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Accumulo feature freeze in 1 week

+
John Vines 2013-10-25, 16:33
+
Christopher 2013-10-25, 18:23
+
John Vines 2013-10-25, 18:49
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-25, 19:11
+
Joey Echeverria 2013-10-25, 18:58
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-25, 19:15
Re: Accumulo feature freeze in 1 week
I don't mind putting things off to 1.7 (if necessary). But... if 1.6.0
isn't sufficiently feature rich, there's not really a reason to
release it just yet... until those features are ready. That said, I do
think there'll be enough features in 1.6.0 to release it as a minor
release, if we're interpreting the version as the standard
off to 1.7.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> True, but at the same time it makes no sense to release 1.6.0 if the
> features contained within are incomplete.
>
> There are still a number of blockers that are unresolved that would all fall
> into the category of creating a broken 1.6.0 or having to back out large
> changesets. I know these blockers would be categorized as "bug fixes" and
> not "features", but some of these bugs are directly from new features which
> I would argue are thus still a part of this feature.
>
> I'm all for trying to release early and often, but I will be the guy who
> throws a wrench in the works if we do it at the sake of reducing the quality
> of our release.
>

> On 10/25/13 11:49 AM, John Vines wrote:
>>
>> I'd rather not go down the slippery slope we went down last time. I'll
>> gladly be the bad guy and say that things are getting pushed to 1.7.
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> It looks like we're 50% in terms of tickets complete.
>>>
>>> http://s.apache.org/accumulo-1.6.0-issues
>>>
>>> Extensions are always nice, but I'm not going to be the bad guy and
>>> ask for one :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Christopher L Tubbs II
>>> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii