Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 02:33
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-29, 03:50
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-29, 16:31
Tom White 2012-08-29, 17:30
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-29, 17:42
Suresh Srinivas 2012-08-29, 17:02
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-29, 17:13
Suresh Srinivas 2012-08-29, 17:26
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-29, 18:41
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-29, 17:04
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-29, 18:22
Eli Collins 2012-08-29, 18:49
Tom White 2012-08-29, 20:34
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-29, 20:40
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-29, 21:18
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-30, 13:46
Sharad Agarwal 2012-08-30, 06:41
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:29
Doug Cutting 2012-08-30, 16:17
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-29, 23:44
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-30, 02:59
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:54
Konstantin Shvachko 2012-08-30, 10:12
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-30, 14:11
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-30, 14:23
Brock Noland 2012-08-30, 14:43
Devaraj Das 2012-08-31, 01:28
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-31, 06:02
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 06:15
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-31, 06:42
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 06:50
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-31, 16:59
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-31, 17:10
Jagane Sundar 2012-08-31, 17:24
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-31, 17:11
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-31, 07:55
Robert Evans 2012-08-31, 14:34
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 15:09
Doug Cutting 2012-08-31, 16:00
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 16:08
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-09-01, 00:23
Sharad Agarwal 2012-09-01, 09:59
Mahadev Konar 2012-08-31, 15:05
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 06:36
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-30, 13:51
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 10:25
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 11:00
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-30, 00:16
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-30, 00:55
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:34
Jakob Homan 2012-08-29, 21:22
Travis Thompson 2012-08-29, 22:30
Steve Loughran 2012-08-31, 11:54
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 14:14
Robert Evans 2012-08-29, 15:17
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 17:22
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-29, 03:45
Michael Segel 2012-08-29, 17:26
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-29, 18:48
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:20
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 05:46
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 06:31
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 07:02
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-30, 07:11
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 12:29
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-29, 23:35
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-29, 23:53
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-29, 23:47
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-29, 23:48
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 01:52
Inder.dev Java 2012-08-30, 16:33
Doug Cutting 2012-08-30, 17:00
Owen OMalley 2012-08-30, 18:25
Inder.dev Java 2012-08-31, 19:00
Doug Cutting 2012-08-31, 20:44
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-31, 22:43
Eli Collins 2012-08-29, 18:41
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:19
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 05:38
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-30, 06:06
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 06:18
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-30, 06:31
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 07:17
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-29, 23:27
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:32
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 01:47
On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 11:32PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
> Hi Cos,
>
> On Aug 29, 2012, at 4:27 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
>
> >> Sounds cool to me.

> >> Why not put the 1.x stuff in Bigtop since it's global or whatever?
> >
> > Wearing my BigTop hat now, I encourage this audience to rush something like
> > this to BigTop. If I am reading you correctly, you are asking BigTop to host
> > 1.x branches of Hadoop, aren't you? I don't see how it fits in there,
> > actually. But this is a separate issue that needs to involve BigTop community.
>
> Agreed that it would totally involve the BigTop community, and that that part
> is up to them. You guys would know this way better than me, so thanks for
> mentioning this issue Cos. I just kinda threw this out there but it's not a blocker

I think this might be a good idea really, but we need to think over, I will
start a thread on bigtop-dev@ to discuss what it means for us and how it can
be done.

> for me -- whatever makes sense here and it's a good point raised by Eli that
> can probably be solved a number of different (easily solvable and documentable) ways :)

Exactly. As a general observation: there's always more than one solution for
people who are willing to do stuff instead of pontificating.

Thanks for steering this up, actually!
  Cos

> Cheers,
> Chris

> Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
> Senior Computer Scientist
> Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Jun Ping Du 2012-08-29, 18:35
+
Chris Douglas 2012-08-31, 01:24
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-31, 03:35
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2012-08-31, 15:59
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-01, 13:21