On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 11:32PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
> Hi Cos,
>
> On Aug 29, 2012, at 4:27 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
>
> >> Sounds cool to me.

> >> Why not put the 1.x stuff in Bigtop since it's global or whatever?
> >
> > Wearing my BigTop hat now, I encourage this audience to rush something like
> > this to BigTop. If I am reading you correctly, you are asking BigTop to host
> > 1.x branches of Hadoop, aren't you? I don't see how it fits in there,
> > actually. But this is a separate issue that needs to involve BigTop community.
>
> Agreed that it would totally involve the BigTop community, and that that part
> is up to them. You guys would know this way better than me, so thanks for
> mentioning this issue Cos. I just kinda threw this out there but it's not a blocker

I think this might be a good idea really, but we need to think over, I will
start a thread on bigtop-dev@ to discuss what it means for us and how it can
be done.

> for me -- whatever makes sense here and it's a good point raised by Eli that
> can probably be solved a number of different (easily solvable and documentable) ways :)

Exactly. As a general observation: there's always more than one solution for
people who are willing to do stuff instead of pontificating.

Thanks for steering this up, actually!
  Cos