HDFS >> mail # user >> job tracker heap error

job tracker heap error
hi everyone,

i am having some problem with my hadoop cluster.
the jobtracker is giving hava heap space error.

currently the heap size is set to 1gb.
i launch a few mapreduce jobs every hour

yesterday the job submissition started failing with heap space error.
i restarted the job tracker and its ok now.
can someone please point me to the right direction to look for any misconfigurations or errors.

Sincerely,
Prakash