HDFS, mail # user - Re: Format the harddrive

Re: Format the harddrive
Jeffrey Buell 2013-02-25, 21:09
I've installed RHEL 6.1 with none of these problems. Not sure why you can't delete the logical volumes, but I suggest not letting the installer do automatic disk configuration. Then you can manually select which disks you want for the root partitions, their sizes, and how you want them formatted. Configure other disks for Hadoop data later, after OS install.

Jeff

----- Original Message -----

From: "Rahul1 Shah" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 12:33:17 PM
Subject: Format the harddrive

Hi,

I am installing Hadoop on some systems. For this I want to format the hard drive for any previous RAID format or any kind of data. I am facing this problem that when I install Redhat 6.2 on these systems it creates a logical volume on the disk and does not let me create ext4 partitions on them. Any idea how do I format all the disk.

-Rahul