Sqoop, mail # user - Problems Sqoop importing columns with NULLs

+
Krishna Rao 2012-12-04, 17:04
Re: Problems Sqoop importing columns with NULLs
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-12-04, 17:20
Hi Krishna,
I'm afraid that this is known limitation of current PostgreSQL direct connector. We already have a JIRA to address this - SQOOP-654 [1].

Currently suggested workaround is to use JDBC based import by dropping the "--direct" argument.

Links:
1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-654

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 05:04:56PM +0000, Krishna Rao wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm haivng trouble transfering NULLs in a VARCHAR column in a table in
> PostgresQL into Hive. A null value ends up as an empty value in Hive,
> rather than NULL.
>
> I'm running the following command:
>
> sqoop import --username <username> -P --hive-import --hive-overwrite
> --null-string='\\N' --null-non-string '\\N' --direct --compression-codec
> org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec
>
> I'm using Sqoop version 1.4.1 & Hive 0.9.0
>
> Cheers
+
Krishna Rao 2012-12-04, 18:03