Hadoop >> mail # general >> Naming of Hadoop releases

Re: Naming of Hadoop releases
Arun, let me answer both of your questions in the same reply:

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So, let me ask again - is there anyone willing to step up and fix security in branch-0.22?
>
> If not, and I haven't seen evidence to the contrary for a very long time now, IMHO this discussion is moot.

Which discussion? The one that I'm interested in is a very simple
issue -- should
we reserve the version slot 2.X.Y or not. That has very little to do
with the current
state of security.

> Roman & Milind: asking again - would you guys be willing to step up and fix 0.22 to be more
> reasonable as a hadoop-2 candidate i.e. fix/validate security?

Sure. I might end up doing some work on within the Bigtop framework.
That said, I can't
really give you the deadline as of now. Hence my desire to separate
these 2 discussions.

Thanks,
Roman.