Hive >> mail # user >> Hive QL - NOT IN, NOT EXIST

Hive QL - NOT IN, NOT EXIST
Hi, I am trying to write a hive query to find the equivalent of NOT IN / NOT EXIST in SQL.
However, Hive does not support this.  It does have Left Semi Join which serves as IN but NOT does not support.
I am wondering if there is any way to do this without resorting to using left outer join and finding nulls.
Example Query in SQL:
SELECT uuid from feed f WHERE f.uuid NOT IN (SELECT uuid FROM message);