Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jul 2013 ([ppmc])

+
Eric Yang 2013-07-03, 03:18
+
Eric Yang 2013-07-07, 02:52
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2013-07-07, 16:27
+
Eric Yang 2013-07-07, 17:03
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2013-07-07, 18:39
Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jul 2013 ([ppmc])
I've updated the report

https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/July2013

Please review and comment if you have any issues with any items in the report.
Regards,
Alan

On Jul 7, 2013, at 11:39 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think that it's important that we provide this characterization about the work that's needed to make Chukwa current.
>

> Regards,
> Alan
>
> Hadoop has evolved in a non straight forward release branches.  Chukwa
> currently works with Hadoop 1.x branch.  For moving forward to Hadoop 2.x,
> the mapreduce jobs need to be using the new Yarn framework to implement
> some of the missing pieces that Hadoop broke the compatibility.  HBase has
> done something similar for Hadoop compatibility layer.  Chukwa will have to
> do the same thing to keep up to date with Hadoop 2.x.  It may be one or two
> weeks to work on it full time.
>
> The instrumentation points in MR v1 will needs to be migrated and
> instrument Yarn.  It is going to be interesting work to monitor and analyze
> Yarn.  Therefore, the work may be interesting to people that would like to
> visualize yarn performance.  We probably should release 0.6 as bugfix
> release before working on this.

+
唐 颖 2013-07-09, 01:33
+