Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

+
Matt Foley 2012-11-30, 01:51
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-11-30, 01:25
+
Matt Foley 2012-11-30, 02:26
+
Chuan Liu 2012-11-30, 03:22
+
Bikas Saha 2012-11-30, 04:27
+
Luke Lu 2012-11-30, 11:21
+
Luke Lu 2012-11-30, 12:57
+
Steve Loughran 2012-11-30, 13:29
+
Luke Lu 2012-11-30, 14:02
+
Luke Lu 2012-11-30, 13:49
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-02, 18:20
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-30, 00:29
+
Steve Loughran 2012-11-30, 13:20
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-30, 13:40
+
Jitendra Pandey 2012-11-30, 22:49
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-01, 10:48
+
Matt Foley 2012-11-24, 20:13
+
Ivan Mitic 2012-11-29, 23:41
+
Mahadevan Venkatraman 2012-11-30, 02:07
+
Raja Aluri 2012-12-01, 00:57
+
Eli Collins 2012-12-01, 01:08
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-01, 10:44
+
Doug Cutting 2012-12-01, 18:23
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-12-13, 00:53
+
Doug Cutting 2012-11-30, 16:55
+
Joep Rottinghuis 2012-12-01, 20:28
+
Eric Yang 2012-12-02, 06:07
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-12-13, 00:55
+
Tom White 2012-12-03, 14:23
+
Chris Nauroth 2012-11-25, 07:18
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-11-26, 20:41
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-26, 18:30
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-26, 17:34
+
Colin McCabe 2012-11-26, 16:53
+
Chris Nauroth 2012-11-26, 17:44
+
Luke Lu 2012-11-26, 17:25
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2012-11-26, 21:16
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-11-26, 21:52
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-26, 22:17
+
Robert Evans 2012-11-26, 16:16
+
Adam Berry 2012-11-26, 16:45
+
Steve Loughran 2012-11-25, 12:39
+
Doug Cutting 2012-12-03, 18:37
Re: [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
It is intended to be a "technical discussion", in the sense of the bylaws
statement (in section "Roles and Responsibilities: Committers"), "Committers
may cast binding votes on any technical discussion regarding any
subproject."  I therefore intended it to be a majority vote of Committers.

Interestingly, this need to discuss tooling and other issues that go beyond
a simple "code change" is not addressed in the "Decision Making: Actions"
section of the bylaws.  That need seems to have been overlooked in the
current rev of that section.  But I do not agree that such issues are "code
changes"; it relates to the tools we depend on to make code changes, which
is clearly qualitatively different.

--Matt
On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Vote closes at 12:30pm PST on Saturday 1 December.
>
> It's not clear to me what kind of a vote this is.  It seems closest to
> a code change vote, since it implies code changes, although without a
> specific patch yet proposed.  As such it would follow lazy consensus
> rules.  Or is it merely intended as a straw poll, to gauge community
> opinion?
>
> Doug

+
Doug Cutting 2012-12-03, 19:37