Hadoop, mail # dev - [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

Re: [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
Matt Foley 2012-12-03, 19:21
It is intended to be a "technical discussion", in the sense of the bylaws
statement (in section "Roles and Responsibilities: Committers"), "Committers
may cast binding votes on any technical discussion regarding any
subproject."  I therefore intended it to be a majority vote of Committers.

Interestingly, this need to discuss tooling and other issues that go beyond
a simple "code change" is not addressed in the "Decision Making: Actions"
section of the bylaws.  That need seems to have been overlooked in the
current rev of that section.  But I do not agree that such issues are "code
changes"; it relates to the tools we depend on to make code changes, which
is clearly qualitatively different.

--Matt