Zookeeper, mail # user - If i update my conf/zoo.cfg config, must i restart my zk server?

Re: If i update my conf/zoo.cfg config, must i restart my zk server?
Ted Dunning 2011-11-29, 15:16
To expand on that FAQ, the detailed process should be to

- configure the new servers

- update the configuration on the old servers

- restart each old server one at a time

- start the new servers

- have your applications reconnect with the full set of servers in the
connection string.  This can be done whenever you like.

Your clients will receive a disconnect message when the server that they
are talking to is restarted, but they should reconnect immediately and
transparently.  You may have a problem if your applications don't handle
transient disconnections properly.