HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: hadoop 2.0.5 datanode heartbeat issue

Re: hadoop 2.0.5 datanode heartbeat issue
Another possibility I can imagine is that the old configuration
property "fs.default.name" is still in your configuration with a
single NN's host+ip as its value. In that case this bad value may
overwrite the value of fs.defaultFS.

It may be helpful if you can post your configurations.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 11:32 AM, orahad bigdata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Jing,
>
> I'm using same configuration files at datanode side.
>
> dfs.nameservices -> orahadoop (hdfs-site.xml)
>
> fs.defaultFS -> hdfs://orahadoop (core-site.xml)
>
> Thanks
> On 8/30/13, Jing Zhao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> You may need to make sure the configuration of your DN has also been
>> updated for HA. If your DN's configuration still uses the old URL
>> (e.g., one of your NN's host+port) for "fs.defaultFS", DN will only
>> connect to that NN.
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM, orahad bigdata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I'm using Hadoop 2.0.5 HA with QJM, After starting the cluster I did
>>> some manual switch overs between NN.Then after I opened WEBUI page for
>>> both the NN, I saw some strange situation where my DN connected to
>>> standby NN but not sending the heartbeat to primary NameNode .
>>>
>>> please guide.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE