Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> recursive delete in multi

+
Ted Yu 2013-03-13, 22:54
+
Marshall McMullen 2013-03-14, 03:22
Re: recursive delete in multi
Here is the background for my request.
In HBase, we use the following code to do clean up:

    ZKUtil.deleteChildrenRecursively(watcher, acquiredZnode);

    ZKUtil.deleteChildrenRecursively(watcher, reachedZnode);

    ZKUtil.deleteChildrenRecursively(watcher, abortZnode);
It would be nice if recursive deletion is supported so that we don't need
to traverse all the children first.

Thanks

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 8:22 PM, Marshall McMullen <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No plans to add that at this point that I know of. Certainly haven't seen
> any jira for this.
>

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Currently multi() only supports single delete Op:
> >
> >     public void testNestedCreate() throws Exception {
> >
> >         multi(zk, Arrays.asList(
> >
> >                 /* Create */
> >
> >                 Op.create("/multi", new byte[0], Ids.OPEN_ACL_UNSAFE,
> > CreateMode.PERSISTENT),
> >
> >                 Op.create("/multi/a", new byte[0], Ids.OPEN_ACL_UNSAFE,
> > CreateMode.PERSISTENT),
> >
> >                 Op.create("/multi/a/1", new byte[0], Ids.OPEN_ACL_UNSAFE,
> > CreateMode.PERSISTENT),
> >
> >                 /* Delete */
> >
> >                 Op.delete("/multi/a/1", 0),
> >
> >                 Op.delete("/multi/a", 0),
> >
> >                 Op.delete("/multi", 0)
> >
> >                 ));
> >
> > To obtain all the paths to be deleted, I need to traverse all the
> children
> > of the specified node. Is there plan to support recursive deletion in
> multi
> > so that I don't need to perform the traversal first ?
> >

> > Thanks

+
Marshall McMullen 2013-03-14, 04:01
+