Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSS] Apache Hadoop 1.0?

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Hadoop 1.0?
On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 9:56 PM, Andreas Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1 for not renaming past releases, that would really start confusion.
>
> If .20.20x.y corresponds to 1.z.y, then z=x-5 and:
>
> 0.20.205.1 -> 1.0.1
> 0.20.206.0 -> 1.1.0

Eli had said previously (and I agree) that 205.1 seems overly aggressive
for a point release and would be better named as a minor release. But
0.20.205.1 going to either 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 is much much better than the
current state.

-- Owen