Chukwa >> mail # user >> network compression between agent and collector

Re: network compression between agent and collector

Hi Ari,

Yes, we do need such feature for a project of us. So
plan to develop it.
When I come back from holidays I'll create a
JIRA.

Meanwhile, don't hesitate to tell me more if you have any
idea of some interesting
features linked with such compression, or
any advice to implement it. For instance, I am not
really sure right
now at which level I should set the compression in the Chukwa Agent:
- at the whole DataOutputBuffer level?
- at the "data"
field of every Chunk?
- or at the adaptor level?
(at first
sight, the DataOutputBuffer level seems the easier to impement).

Thanks,

Sourygna