Pig >> mail # dev >> Number of mappers in MRCompiler

+
Prasanth J 2012-07-25, 22:47
Re: Number of mappers in MRCompiler
No.  The number of mappers is determined by the InputFormat used by your load function (TextInputFormat if you're using the default PigStorage loader) when the Hadoop job is submitted.  Pig doesn't have access to that info until it's handed the jobs off to MapReduce.

Alan.

On Jul 25, 2012, at 3:47 PM, Prasanth J wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I would like know if there is a way to know the number of mappers while compiling physical plan to MR-plan.
>
> Thanks
> -- Prasanth

+
Prasanth J 2012-07-25, 23:28