Hadoop, mail # general - Hadoop build machine update

+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2011-08-03, 03:05
+
Ian Holsman 2011-08-03, 04:57
+
Nigel Daley 2011-08-03, 06:45
Re: Hadoop build machine update
Giridharan Kesavan 2011-08-10, 02:35
All,

All the hudson slaves are back online. I was working on getting the build
tools installed on all the new slaves and it looks like Its going to take
some more time to change the build job configs before I could enable the
pre-commit jobs.

Will get the precommit and nightly build jobs back online tomorrow.

-Giri
On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 11:45 PM, Nigel Daley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Great!  Thanks for getting the info.
>
> Cheers,
> n.
>
> On Aug 2, 2011, at 8:05 PM, Eric Baldeschwieler wrote:
>
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I've talked to the folks at Yahoo about the build machines and am happy
> to report that an end to the blackout is in sight.
> >
> > 1) They need to reimage the machines, which is in progress and machines
> should be restored within a week (pessimistically).
> >
> > 2) They plan to reach out to the apache infrastructure team and change
> the admin of these machines to remove yahoo from the admin loop.  This
> should avoid future outages and give apache more flexibility in managing the
> machines.
> >
> > I'm told they will be posting more details today or tomorrow.  Everyone
> there is committed to maintaining quality support for Apache and is
> concerned about the outage and making sure it does not repeat.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > E14

+
Arun C Murthy 2011-08-10, 02:39