HDFS, mail # user - How to get number of data nodes as a hadoop client

RE: How to get number of data nodes as a hadoop client
John Lilley 2013-09-21, 22:54
Never mind, its in the ApplicationClientProtocol class.
John
From: John Lilley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How to get number of data nodes as a hadoop client

How does a Hadoop client query the number of datanodes in a Hadoop cluster?  I see getClusterNodes() in the RM protocol, but I'm having a hard time mapping that to a public class/interface that a client would use.
Looking at it more carefully, I'd really like query the nodes in a specific queue or the "default queue", if there is such a thing.
Thanks
john