Pig >> mail # user >> why pig did not compile contrib directory during "ant jar"? How to compile contrib directory?

+
lulynn_2008 2012-05-23, 03:08
+
Bill Graham 2012-05-23, 03:35
+
lulynn_2008 2012-05-23, 03:49
+
lulynn_2008 2012-05-23, 03:46
Re: Re: why pig did not compile contrib directory during "ant jar"? How to compile contrib directory?
The contrib directories are where the source of the various contribs live.
You only need to compile them if you plan to use a given contrib.

Piggybank is a collection of useful UDFs:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/PiggyBank

Zebra:
http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.7.0/zebra_overview.html

Penny:
http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.10.0/test.html#penny

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 8:46 PM, lulynn_2008 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Bill.
> Do you know what the contrib directory is used for?
>

> At 2012-05-23 11:35:23,"Bill Graham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >You need to cd into the contrib root dir and build from there. Contribs
> >have their own build.xml.
> >
> >On Tuesday, May 22, 2012, lulynn_2008 wrote:
> >
> >>  Hi,
> >> During generating pig jar files, I found the contrib directory is not
> >> compiled. I assume maybe this is because the contrib directory is not for
> >> pig mainline functions. Am I right?
> >> Besides, if I want to compile the contrib directory, how to do this? I did
> >> not find related target in build.xml.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>

> >--
> >Sent from Gmail Mobile