Pig, mail # user - why pig did not compile contrib directory during "ant jar"? How to compile contrib directory?

Re: Re: why pig did not compile contrib directory during "ant jar"? How to compile contrib directory?
Bill Graham 2012-05-23, 05:11
The contrib directories are where the source of the various contribs live.
You only need to compile them if you plan to use a given contrib.

Piggybank is a collection of useful UDFs:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/PiggyBank

Zebra:
http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.7.0/zebra_overview.html

Penny:
http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.10.0/test.html#penny

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 8:46 PM, lulynn_2008 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Bill.
> Do you know what the contrib directory is used for?
>

> At 2012-05-23 11:35:23,"Bill Graham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >You need to cd into the contrib root dir and build from there. Contribs
> >have their own build.xml.
> >
> >On Tuesday, May 22, 2012, lulynn_2008 wrote:
> >
> >>  Hi,
> >> During generating pig jar files, I found the contrib directory is not
> >> compiled. I assume maybe this is because the contrib directory is not for
> >> pig mainline functions. Am I right?
> >> Besides, if I want to compile the contrib directory, how to do this? I did
> >> not find related target in build.xml.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>

> >--
> >Sent from Gmail Mobile