Hadoop >> mail # general >> [ANNOUNCE] hadoop-2.0.3-alpha released!

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-02-15, 13:13
Re: [ANNOUNCE] hadoop-2.0.3-alpha released!
Thanks Arun - that is brilliant!

The link for the release notes seems to be broken - can someone take a look
at it?
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.0.3-alpha/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/releasenotes.html

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 5:13 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> All,
>
>  I'm very pleased to announce that the Apache Hadoop community has
> released hadoop-2.0.3-alpha!
>
>  This delivers significant major enhancements and stability over previous
> releases in hadoop-2.x series:
>  # QJM for HDFS HA for NameNode
>  # Multi-resource scheduling (CPU and memory) for YARN
>  # YARN ResourceManager Restart
>  # Significant stability at scale for YARN (over 30,000 nodes and 14
> million applications so far, at time of release - see here)
>
>  This release, like previous releases in hadoop-2.x series, is still
> considered *alpha* primarily since some of APIs aren't fully-baked, has had
> some churn and we expect some more in future hadoop-2.x releases.
> Furthermore, please note that there are some API changes from previous
> hadoop-2.0.2-alpha release and applications will need to recompile against
> hadoop-2.0.3-alpha. Please see the Hadoop 2.0.3-alpha Release Notes for
> details.
>
>  Furthermore, we are converging fast on ironing out API issues (both HDFS
> & YARN) and, currently, plan to cut a hadoop-2.0.4-beta release in the next
> couple of months after this effort. We believe that hadoop-2.0.4-beta will
> be a major step to then release a fully stable, supported hadoop-2 release,
> exciting times! Stay tuned!
>
> thanks,
> Arun
> (your humble, sometimes prone to grumble, release manager... *smile*)

+
Harsh J 2013-02-15, 18:00
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-02-15, 18:25