Pig >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Remove Penny from contrib

+
Alan Gates 2012-10-31, 21:54
Re: [DISCUSS] Remove Penny from contrib
+1. I agree.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Alan Gates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I propose we remove Penny from contrib.  Currently it does not compile in
> trunk.  Looking through the commit logs no significant work has been done
> on it since it was initially committed.  There are 3 open JIRAs that
> reference it (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+PIG+AND+%28summary+%7E+penny+OR+description+%7E+penny%29+AND+status+%3D+Open).  At this point I do not think anyone is using it or maintaining it.
>
> If someone is interested in moving this piece forward I would propose we
> move it to Apache Extras or something similar.
>
> Alan.
+
Bill Graham 2012-11-01, 04:52
+
Russell Jurney 2012-11-01, 05:01
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-11-01, 17:07
+
Julien Le Dem 2012-11-01, 17:59
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2012-11-02, 00:05