From: Ted Yu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Distributed Cache

You should use Job#addCacheFile()

Cheers
On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Botelho, Andrew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if I can still use the DistributedCache class in the latest release of Hadoop (Version 2.0.5).
In my driver class, I use this code to try and add a file to the distributed cache:

import java.net.URI;
import org.apache.hadoop.filecache.DistributedCache;
import org.apache.hadoop.fs.*;
import org.apache.hadoop.io.*;
import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.*;
import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat;
import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.FileOutputFormat;

DistributedCache.addCacheFile(new URI("file path in HDFS"), conf);
Job job = Job.getInstance();

However, I keep getting warnings that the method addCacheFile() is deprecated.
Is there a more current way to add files to the distributed cache?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew