Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Plain View
MapReduce, mail # user - DataXceiver error processing WRITE_BLOCK operation src: /x.x.x.x:50373 dest: /x.x.x.x:50010


+
Dhanasekaran Anbalagan 2013-03-08, 07:45
Copy link to this message
-
Re: DataXceiver error processing WRITE_BLOCK operation src: /x.x.x.x:50373 dest: /x.x.x.x:50010
varun kumar 2013-03-08, 08:50
Hi Dhana,

Increase the ulimit for all the datanodes.

If you are starting the service using hadoop increase the ulimit value for
hadoop user.

Do the  changes in the following file.

*/etc/security/limits.conf*

Example:-
*hadoop          soft    nofile          35000*
*hadoop          hard    nofile          35000*

Regards,
Varun Kumar.P

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Dhanasekaran Anbalagan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> I am frequently getting is error in my Data nodes.
>
> Please guide what is the exact problem this.
>
> dvcliftonhera138:50010:DataXceiver error processing WRITE_BLOCK operation src: /172.16.30.138:50373 dest: /172.16.30.138:50010
> java.net.SocketTimeoutException: 70000 millis timeout while waiting for channel to be ready for read. ch : java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[connected local=/172.16.30.138:34280 remote=/172.16.30.140:50010]
>
>
> at org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketIOWithTimeout.doIO(SocketIOWithTimeout.java:164)
> at org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:154)
> at org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:127)
>
>
> at org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:115)
> at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:66)
> at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:66)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.HdfsProtoUtil.vintPrefixed(HdfsProtoUtil.java:160)
>
>
> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataXceiver.writeBlock(DataXceiver.java:405)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.datatransfer.Receiver.opWriteBlock(Receiver.java:98)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.datatransfer.Receiver.processOp(Receiver.java:66)
>
>
> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataXceiver.run(DataXceiver.java:189)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>
>
> dvcliftonhera138:50010:DataXceiver error processing WRITE_BLOCK operation src: /172.16.30.138:50531 dest: /172.16.30.138:50010
> java.io.EOFException: while trying to read 65563 bytes
>
>
> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.BlockReceiver.readToBuf(BlockReceiver.java:408)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.BlockReceiver.readNextPacket(BlockReceiver.java:452)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.BlockReceiver.receivePacket(BlockReceiver.java:511)
>
>
> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.BlockReceiver.receiveBlock(BlockReceiver.java:748)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataXceiver.writeBlock(DataXceiver.java:462)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.datatransfer.Receiver.opWriteBlock(Receiver.java:98)
>
>
> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.datatransfer.Receiver.processOp(Receiver.java:66)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataXceiver.run(DataXceiver.java:189)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>
>
>
>
> How to resolve this.
>
> -Dhanasekaran.
>
> Did I learn something today? If not, I wasted it.
>
>  --
>
>
>
>

--
Regards,
Varun Kumar.P