Avro, mail # user - reader in hadoop without reader's schema

reader in hadoop without reader's schema
Koert Kuipers 2011-12-02, 03:32
I am reading from avro container files in hadoop. I know the container
files have a (writers) schema stored in them. My reader specifies it's
schema using avro.input.schema job parameter. This way any schema changes
are gracefully handled with both schema's present.

However, i dont always need all this complexity. Is there a way to read
without having to specify a reader's schema, where i basically say "just
accept the writer's schema and read the data that way".