Kafka >> mail # user >> compression on by default?

Re: compression on by default?
The producer shell takes in a properties file. The default one that
comes with Kafka (config/producer.properties) turns compression off.
Can you cross check the value for compression.codec in your producer's
properties file ?

Thanks,
Neha