HBase >> mail # dev >> HBase - Secondary Index

+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-04, 08:10
+
Jan Van Besien 2012-12-04, 19:24
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-05, 11:04
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-05, 11:28
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-05, 11:40
+
Jan Van Besien 2012-12-05, 15:12
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-05, 17:42
+
Andrey Stepachev 2012-12-05, 11:52
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-05, 12:55
+
Andrey Stepachev 2012-12-05, 15:59
+
Anoop John 2012-12-05, 17:54
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-12-05, 19:23
+
lars hofhansl 2012-12-05, 21:03
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-06, 04:41
RE: HBase - Secondary Index
>I'd guess that would look like a coprocessor based solution, so
there's no cost to those who don't want to use it, and minimal changes
to core code.

Yes Andrew, This was the main consideration from our side when we were doing the design of the secondary indexing solution here.  Plus the minimum possible degradation for the Put as our customer was very much on to it :)

>Everyone asks for it. All the time.
Yes this is what we also been hearing from our customers. :)

-Anoop-