Hadoop, mail # general - Re: Hadoop security branch releases (was Hadoop 0.20.100)

+
Owen OMalley 2011-04-15, 15:54
Re: Hadoop security branch releases (was Hadoop 0.20.100)
Doug Cutting 2011-04-15, 17:19
Is the intent for these branches to do anything but mirror Y!'s internal
branches?

Doug

On 04/15/2011 08:54 AM, Owen O'Malley wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I've been doing a bit of travelling, but I'm back now. (Just buried in
> email, even more than normal.) The general strategy is that the branch
> (branch-0.20-security) has the current work on the branch. The releases off
> of the security branch are labelled with numbers in the 200 range. We
> originally planned on using the 100 range, but I'd like to bring it into
> sync with the Yahoo numbering. (The intent was to reduce confusion. The
> github push I did last summer, which was the basis for CDH3, was labelled
> 104. I really don't want inconsistent versions with the same number.) So the
> megapatch that Arun pushed was 202. I'm in the last stages of fixing the
> contrib unit tests for 203 and hope to be able to call a vote shortly. I
> would expect a 204 release next month branching off of branch-0.20-security.
>
> -- Owen

+
Chris Douglas 2011-04-15, 18:19