MapReduce >> mail # user >> using environment variables in XML conf files

Re: using environment variables in XML conf files
Java provides a system property for ${user.home} that is usually set
to the same as $HOME of the session on Linux. You can therefore use
"${user.home}/tmp/hadoop-${user.name}".

--
Harsh J