Accumulo, mail # dev - Local integration tests

+
Michael Berman 2013-07-23, 21:46
+
Mike Drob 2013-07-23, 21:55
Re: Local integration tests
Josh Elser 2013-07-23, 22:02
Kind of a moot point for the latter if you just avoid running `mvn
install` all the time, no? (and if you need the SNAPSHOT artifact
installed to your local repo, provide the -DskipITs or -DskipTests option)

Pretty sure we shouldn't even bother trying to run the ITs on the ASF
jenkins servers. They're super bogged down so as it is. Generally
speaking though, the tests have been a bit tight in certain test (as in,
even with new hardware, I've never gotten them to ever pass). Given the
work Eric did to get them out of python-land, hopefully they'll get some
more TLC.

On 7/23/2013 5:55 PM, Mike Drob wrote:
> Are you specifically asking for advice on how to run them more efficiently
> locally, or how to skip them so that you can run through the full build
> faster?
>

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Michael Berman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any advice for running integration tests locally?  At the
>> moment a large number of them time out for me, and others have assertion
>> failures that aren't obviously due to my running them locally, but I'm
>> assuming it is because no one else seems to be complaining (of course since
>> there hasn't been a successful Jenkins build in like three weeks, maybe
>> it's just that no one's noticed).

+
Christopher 2013-07-23, 22:25
+