Pig >> mail # user >> Set visible name of a running pig job

RE: Set visible name of a running pig job
Thanks Eric and Mark.

Now I see that job.name is documented in http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.8.1/piglatin_ref2.html#set  (duh).  It also says there "All Pig and Hadoop properties can be set."

Trying to figure out what exactly those properties are (is there a list someplace?) I looked at my job configuration at

http://myserver:50030/jobconf.jsp?jobid=job_2011999999_9999

where I now see 'mapred.job.name' --> PigLatin:hello

after I set job.name to 'hello'.

But
SET mapred.job.name hello
doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

So I am confused about which properties I can set, and how to refer to them.  Is there a doc or wiki page someplace that explains this to a pig/hadoop novice?

Thanks again for your help.

William F Dowling