Hadoop >> mail # dev >> DataTransferProtocol Implementations

+
Bharath Ravi 2011-10-25, 23:08
Re: DataTransferProtocol Implementations
Hi Bharath,

Sender, which is to send request, is used by DFSClient for submitting to datanodes and by datanodes in write pipelines.  Correspondingly, Receiveris to receive request.  DataXceiver, which extends Receiver, is the class for receiving requesting in Datanode.

Tsz-Wo

________________________________
From: Bharath Ravi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 4:08 PM
Subject: DataTransferProtocol Implementations

Hi all,

I'm trying some experiments where I need to perform actions whenever a data
block is read/written to by a client
There seem to be two classes that implement readBlock() and writeBlock():
DataXceiver.java and Sender.java.

Looking at the documentation, I note that DataXceiverServer and DataXceiver
are used to respond to clients.
In what cases is the "Sender" class used? (It is also used by DataXceiver
itself, in a few cases)

Thanks a lot for the help!
--
Bharath Ravi