Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Hadoop SSO/Token Server Components

+
Larry McCay 2013-07-02, 20:03
+
Zheng, Kai 2013-07-03, 18:39
+
Larry McCay 2013-07-03, 20:10
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-03, 23:35
+
Larry McCay 2013-07-03, 23:49
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-04, 18:40
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-04, 20:09
+
Zheng, Kai 2013-07-05, 17:34
+
Larry McCay 2013-07-05, 18:25
+
Larry McCay 2013-07-05, 19:24
+
Larry McCay 2013-07-10, 13:42
+
Daryn Sharp 2013-07-10, 16:30
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-10, 15:14
RE: [DISCUSS] Hadoop SSO/Token Server Components
Hi Alejandro, all-

There seems to be agreement on the broad stroke description of the components needed to achieve pluggable token authentication (I'm sure I'll be corrected if that isn't the case). However, discussion of the details of those components doesn't seem to be moving forward. I think this is because the details are really best understood through code. I also see *a* (i.e. one of many possible) token format and pluggable authentication mechanisms within the RPC layer as components that can have immediate benefit to Hadoop users AND still allow flexibility in the larger design. So, I think the best way to move the conversation of "what we are aiming for" forward is to start looking at code for these components. I am especially interested in moving forward with pluggable authentication mechanisms within the RPC layer and would love to see what others have done in this area (if anything).

Thanks.

-Brian