Hadoop, mail # dev - [VOTE] Plan to create release candidate Monday 3/18

+
Matt Foley 2013-03-11, 03:38
+
Colin McCabe 2013-03-11, 18:52
+
Luke Lu 2013-03-11, 21:21
+
Steve Loughran 2013-03-11, 16:57
Re: [VOTE] Plan to create release candidate Monday 3/18
Karthik Kambatla 2013-03-11, 16:01
+1 (non-binding)

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 8:38 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have created branch-1.2 from branch-1, and propose to cut the first
> release candidate for 1.2.0 on Monday 3/18 (a week from tomorrow), or as
> soon thereafter as I can achieve a stable build.
>
> Between 1.1.2 and the current 1.2.0, there are 176 patches!!  Draft release
> notes are available at .../branch-1.2/src/docs/releasenotes.html in the
> sources.
>
> Any non-destabilizing patches committed to branch-1.2 during the coming
> week (and of course also committed to branch-1) will be included in the RC.
>  However, at this point I request that any big new developments not yet in
> branch-1.2 be targeted for 1.3.
>
> Release plans have to be voted on too, so please vote '+1' to approve this
> plan.  Voting will close on Sunday 3/17 at 8:30pm PDT.
>
> Thanks,
> --Matt
> (release manager)

+