Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Error in first build : Cannot run program "protoc": CreateProcess error=2

Error in first build : Cannot run program "protoc": CreateProcess error=2
Hi,

Just now I have downloaded Hadoop source code. I have successfully run "mvn
clean" target but while trying "mvn install" target I am getting following
error :

*[INFO] Executed tasks
[INFO]
[INFO] --- hadoop-maven-plugins:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:protoc (compile-protoc) @
hadoop-common ---
[WARNING] [protoc,
--java_out=D:\HadoopSource\hadoop-trunk\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common\target\generated-sources\java,
-ID:\HadoopSource\hadoop-trunk\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common\src\main\proto,
D:\HadoopSource\hadoop-trunk\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common\src\main\proto\HAServiceProtocol.proto,
D:\HadoopSource\hadoop-trunk\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common\src\main\proto\IpcConnectionContext.proto,
D:\HadoopSource\hadoop-trunk\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common\src\main\proto\ProtobufRpcEngine.proto,
D:\HadoopSource\hadoop-trunk\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common\src\main\proto\ProtocolInfo.proto,
D:\HadoopSource\hadoop-trunk\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common\src\main\proto\RpcHeader.proto,
D:\HadoopSource\hadoop-trunk\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common\src\main\proto\Security.proto,
D:\HadoopSource\hadoop-trunk\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common\src\main\proto\ZKFCProtocol.proto]
 failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "protoc": CreateProcess
error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
[ERROR] protoc compiler error
[INFO]
[INFO] Reactor Summary:*

I have copied exe file of Protoc and added path to that exe file in PATH
variable. When I run "echo %PATH%" I get output something like below:

*C:\Users\shekhar>echo %PATH%*
*C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_11\bin;D:\softwares\apache-maven-3.0.5\bin;D:\softwares\protoc-2.5.0-win32;D:\softwares\apache-ant-1.9.0\bin;
*

So I think I have successfully put protoc in my path.

I would like to know why this error is coming. Request someone to please
help.
Thanks and Regards,
Chandrash3khar K0tekar
Mobile - 8884631122
+
Harsh J 2013-04-03, 13:51
+
Chandrashekhar Kotekar 2013-04-03, 14:46
+
Steve Loughran 2013-04-03, 19:58
+
Amir Sanjar 2013-04-03, 20:15