Pig >> mail # user >> Sort Order in HBase with Pig/Piglatin in Java

Re: Sort Order in HBase with Pig/Piglatin in Java
Thats a great observation John! The problem is that HBaseStorage maps
columns families into a HashMap, so the sort ordering is completely lost.

You have two options:

1. Modify HBaseStorage to use a SortedMap data structure (i.e. TreeMap) and
use the modified HBaseStorage. (or make it configurable)
2. Since you convert the map to a bag, you can sort the bag in a nested
foreach statement.

I prefer option 1 myself because it would be more performant than option 2.