HBase, mail # user - HBase without compactions?

+
Otis Gospodnetic 2013-02-19, 03:30
+
Stack 2013-02-19, 06:09
+
Michael Segel 2013-02-19, 06:47
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-19, 07:12
+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-19, 08:12
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-02-22, 01:15
Re: HBase without compactions?
Ted Yu 2013-02-19, 04:54
Take a look at HBASE-7667 Support stripe compaction

Cheers

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Otis Gospodnetic <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It's kind of funny, we run SPM, which includes SPM for HBase (performance
> monitoring service/tool for HBase essentially) and we currently store all
> performance metrics in HBase.
>
> I see a ton of HBase development activity, which is great, but it just
> occurred to me that I don't think I recall seeing anything about getting
> rid of compactions.  Yet, compactions are one thing that I know hurt us the
> most and is one thing that MapR somehow got rid of in their implementation.
>
> Have there been any discussions,attempts, or thoughts about finding a way
> to avoid compactions?
>
> Thanks,
> Otis
> --