Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Copy table between clusters

+
Roshan Punnoose 2013-10-22, 14:03
+
Eric Newton 2013-10-22, 14:40
+
Roshan Punnoose 2013-10-22, 18:25
Re: Copy table between clusters
Do you know if you are running into ACCUMULO-1558?  I fixed that recently.
 If for some reason import table can not find a file listed in the import
file, it just silently ignores the problem.
On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Roshan Punnoose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Whenever I try to import the table on the other cluster, the table comes
> up; however, the tablet files in HDFS are empty. The tablet directories
> exist, but no "rf" files are in there. I distcp'd all the locations
> specified in the distcp.txt file, and then ran the importtable on the
> second cluster.
>

> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Clone the table, offline the clone, export the clone, distcp, and
> > import the table.  Optionally, delete the clone when you are done with
> > the distcp.
> >
> > -Eric
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Roshan Punnoose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > What is the best way to copy a table between two separate Accumulo
> > > clusters. My initial thought was to export the table, use the Hadoop
> > DistCp
> > > to copy the files over to the new cluster, and then import the table.

+
Roshan Punnoose 2013-10-22, 20:24