HBase >> mail # dev >> [RESULT] ANN: The third hbase-0.96.1 release candidate is available for download

+
Stack 2013-12-16, 18:09
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-12-17, 15:38
Re: [RESULT] ANN: The third hbase-0.96.1 release candidate is available for download
On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 7:38 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry about that mates, I know I'm late. I was fighting against snappy
> codec for the last few days and was not able to correctly startup my 0.96.1
> version.
>
> So since it's already over, I have done a reduce phase test.
> Verified the signature, checked the documentation and the CHANGES.txt file.
> distcp 2TB from a 0.94.x/hadoop 1.0.3 cluster to 0.96.1/hadoop 2.2.0. Ran
> the migration tool.
> online merged an entire table to a single region.

Thank you JMS.

> At the end of all of that I have some inconsistencies in the system
> reported by HBCK. (Extra regions, empty regioninfo_qualifier in the meta,
> etc.).
>

> I will redo all the steps I did one by one and run HBCK between each to see
> where it failed and report what I found. Next step will be to enable
> replication between my 0.94 and my 0.96 clusters.

That'd be really helpful.  Thanks.

St.Ack
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-12-17, 19:21