HBase >> mail # user >> HBase split policy

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-22, 11:42
+
Anoop Sam John 2013-01-22, 12:24
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-01-22, 13:38
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-22, 13:47
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-01-22, 14:02
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-22, 14:10
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-23, 02:39
RE: HBase split policy
>What will trigger the split?
The things which can trigger a split
1. Explicit split call from the client side using admin API
2. A memstore flush
3. A compaction

So even though there is no write operations happening on the region (no flushes) still a compaction performed for that region can trigger split.  May be in your case compaction happened for some of the regions and resulted in split...

-Anoop-