HBase, mail # user - Roll of hbase.tmp.dir in HBase

+
anil gupta 2012-12-17, 23:19
+
Harsh J 2012-12-18, 03:12
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-12-18, 03:22
+
Harsh J 2012-12-18, 04:04
+
Stack 2012-12-17, 23:46
+
anil gupta 2012-12-18, 01:20
+
Nick Dimiduk 2012-12-18, 01:46
Re: Roll of hbase.tmp.dir in HBase
Nick Dimiduk 2012-12-17, 23:37
This directory is used by the RegionServers durring compactions to store
intermediate data. See:

$ git grep 'hbase.tmp.dir'
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/CompactionTool.java:
 private final static String CONF_TMP_DIR = "hbase.tmp.dir";
hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/HRegion.java:
   final Path logdir = new Path(c.get("hbase.tmp.dir"));

Both of these uses indicate that it is a single path. I imagine you'd get
exceptions if you attempted to feed it a comma-delimited list of paths.

-n