Hive >> mail # user >> ROW_NUMBER() equivalent in Hive

Re: ROW_NUMBER() equivalent in Hive
Kumar,

If you are willing to be on bleeding edge, this and many other partitioning
and windowing functionality some of us are developing in a branch over at:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hive/branches/ptf-windowing
Check out this branch, build hive and than you can have row_number()
functionality. Look in
ql/src/test/queries/clientpositive/ptf_general_queries.q which has about 60
or so example queries demonstrating various capabilities which we have
already working (including row_number).
We hope to have this branch merged in trunk soon.

Hope it helps,
Ashutosh