HDFS, mail # user - Migration needed when updating within an Hadoop release

+
Schad, Bjoern-Bernhard 2013-06-14, 10:00
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-06-14, 10:10
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-06-14, 10:12
RE: Migration needed when updating within an Hadoop release
Schad, Bjoern-Bernhard 2013-06-14, 11:13
Hello Alexander,

thanks for your reply. This is very interesting for me indeed.

- But what about minor updates, e. g. from 1.0.1 to 1.0.4? Has this ever happened for such updates?

Also I have got a similar question regarding HBase. I understand that HBase has its own datamodel on top of/ within Hadoop. It could happen (e.g. between HBase major releases) that this datamodel is changed/ extended/ ...

- What about HBase minor releases in this context? Have data model changes/ conversions/ migrations ever happened between minor releases?
- Is there a similar wiki page describing HBase upgrade?

Thank you very much,
Björn

--
Redknee (Germany) GmbH
Geschäftsleitung / Board of Directors: Chris Newton-Smith