HDFS >> mail # user >> Migration needed when updating within an Hadoop release

RE: Migration needed when updating within an Hadoop release
Hello Alexander,

thanks for your reply. This is very interesting for me indeed.

- But what about minor updates, e. g. from 1.0.1 to 1.0.4? Has this ever happened for such updates?

Also I have got a similar question regarding HBase. I understand that HBase has its own datamodel on top of/ within Hadoop. It could happen (e.g. between HBase major releases) that this datamodel is changed/ extended/ ...

- What about HBase minor releases in this context? Have data model changes/ conversions/ migrations ever happened between minor releases?
- Is there a similar wiki page describing HBase upgrade?

Thank you very much,
Björn

--
Redknee (Germany) GmbH
Geschäftsleitung / Board of Directors: Chris Newton-Smith