Accumulo, mail # dev - In trunk, monitor not running. Also strange classpath error.

In trunk, monitor not running. Also strange classpath error.
David Medinets 2013-05-05, 03:19
I've been having a problem getting the monitor to run for a little while. I
figured that I was doing something wrong, but I'm following a shell script
that used to work. I don't see what the underlying issue is. I'm hoping
someone might be able to spare some time to help.

My github project, https://github.com/medined/accumulo_stackscript, has a
script called install_accumulo_in_home_directory.sh which places hadoop and
zookeeper in $HOME/software and accumulo in $HOME/bin.

Something new started happening today which is unrelated to the monitor
issue. When I run my install script I see
"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.accumulo.start.Platform" yet,
right after the script ends, I can manually run the failing command and it
works;

  $HOME/bin/accumulo/bin/accumulo init --clear-instance-name
--instance-name instance --username root --password secret
  $HOME/bin/accumulo/bin/start-all.sh

I'm willing to ignore the classpath issue. I'm much more concerned that the
monitor is not responding.

I see no warnings or errors in any log file. But I do see this debug
message:

2013-05-04 23:06:37,172 [impl.ThriftScanner] DEBUG:  Failed to locate
tablet for table : !0 row : ~err_^@

Since zookeeper, hadoop and accumulo were all just initialized, I don't
know why this is happening.

Any help or suggestions?