Flume >> mail # dev >> missing dependencies in flume-ng-node/pom.xml ?

missing dependencies in flume-ng-node/pom.xml ?
Flume Devs,

  I see that some, but not all, core channels & sinks are listed
as dependencies in the flume-ng-node/pom.xml
For instance the  exec source, memory channel and file channel are missing.
This caused a problem when importing was attempting to run the flume
project from IntelliJ and my configuration required FileChannel.
It threw a class not found exception when DefaultChannelFactory was
attempting to load the FileChannel class.

On adding the following dependency in that pom.xml ...

      <dependency>
          <groupId>org.apache.flume.flume-ng-channels</groupId>
          <artifactId>flume-file-channel</artifactId>
      </dependency>

it problem went away. Was wondering if this is an oversight or intentional
?

-Roshan
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-11-01, 01:52