Hadoop, mail # user - Re: what will happen when HDFS restarts but with some dead nodes

+
Nan Zhu 2013-01-30, 03:53
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-30, 14:58
Re: what will happen when HDFS restarts but with some dead nodes
Chen He 2013-01-30, 15:28
That is correct if you do not manually exit NN safemode.

Regards

Chen
On Jan 30, 2013 8:59 AM, "Jean-Marc Spaggiari" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi Nan,
>
> When the Namenode will EXIT the safemode, you, you can assume that all
> blocks ARE fully replicated. If the Namenode is still IN safemode that
> mean that all blocks are NOT fully replicated.
>
> JM
>
> 2013/1/29, Nan Zhu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > So, we can assume that all blocks are fully replicated at the start
> point of
> > HDFS?
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > --
> > Nan Zhu
> > School of Computer Science,
> > McGill University
> >

> > On Tuesday, 29 January, 2013 at 10:50 PM, Chen He wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Nan
> >>
> >> Namenode will stay in safemode before all blocks are replicated. During
> >> this time, the jobtracker can not see any tasktrackers. (MRv1).
> >>
> >> Chen

+
Nitin Pawar 2013-01-30, 16:39
+