HDFS >> mail # dev >> Is Hadoop SequenceFile binary safe?

+
Hs 2013-04-27, 11:30
+
Chris Douglas 2013-04-29, 16:50
+
Hs 2013-05-02, 10:26
+
Colin McCabe 2013-05-02, 18:29
Re: Is Hadoop SequenceFile binary safe?
On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Colin McCabe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It seems like we could just set up an escape sequence and make it actually
> binary-safe, rather than just probabilistically.

That would require a scan of data as it's written & read, which has
performance implications.

Doug